Find out about a gel that relieves the
symptoms of menopause
out more and purchase
LINKS WITH INFORMATION ON HORMONAL DISORDERS
American Academy of Family Physicians Contains basic
health information including information on drugs, herbal and
alternative remedies. You can browse the health information
by body system, for example, you can select "the endocrine system."
Health Central This site has a great deal of information
on health issues, nutrition, herbs, health news. There
is also a drug store, a medical library and an encyclopedia.
There are forums where you can ask questions or browse discussions
on health issues.
- EmpowHer - A site dedicated to women's health issues. Dr. Friedman is on the medical advisory board of EmpowHer. There are blogs, forums and information on health issues important to women. Listen to Dr. Friedman talk about thyroid disease.
- Everything .com - Health - Health, wellness and disease information as well as books for sale on a variety of health topics.
- DrugWatch.com - This organization is an awareness group and we aim to educate the public about thousands of prescription and over-the-counter medications, many of which have the potential to cause serious side effects. Our website is continually updated with drug recall news, recent FDA approvals, drug interactions, side effects, and current developments in the medical field.
MENOPAUSE AND HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
Hormone Foundation Provides information
on menopause, low testosterone, Polycystic Ovary syndrome (PCOS).
It offers fact sheets, publications and questions and answers
on hormonal disorders.
Women's Health Information Center offers information from
the office of women's health - Department of health and Human
Services. It contains a variety of information on women's
health issues, from pregnancy to minority health issues. There
is also a section on men's health. Monthly guest articles
and press releases.
Power Surge This site has a menopause support group,
newsletters, a medical consultant. Numerous "guest conferences"
given by "experts" in the field of women's health. Click here
to view a live chat transcript on hormone replacement with Dr.
National Osteoporosis Foundation Information on osteoporosis
and bone health. Also has information on the prevention
of osteoporosis. Breaking news on osteoporosis and scientific
GROWTH HORMONE AND RELATED CONDITIONS
Growth Foundation This site provides information
for children and adults on growth related disorders and growth
hormone. Offers a chat room for parents. Information on adult
- The Magic Foundation This foundation provides support services for children and adults with growth failure related diseases and disorders. Another article from the Magic Foundation on panhypopituitarism can be found here.
- Endotext- Articles and growth hormone deficiency and other endocrine issues written by professionals.
The Society For Endocrinology-The society promotes the advance of endocrinology and numerous position papers and links on endocrine diseases.
- Patient Access Network- Is a non-profit organization that aids underinsured patients who cannot afford out-of-pocket costs associated with their treatment.
- Wikipedia Article on Growth Hormone Deficiency-On-line encyclopedia of terminology, causes, history, treatment and several links.
CUSHING'S SYNDROME AND DISEASE
Pituitary Network Association This
site offers information on diseases caused by pituitary tumors,
such as Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly and prolactin secreting
tumors. Also has a bulletin board for patients, information
on choosing a doctor, etc.
Provides support and a large amount of information
on Cushing's syndrome, disease and adrenal issues. Informative
"chats" for patients to get answers to Questions about
Cushing's and related problems. To view Dr. Friedman's chat
on Cushing's syndrome, click here.
Dr. Friedman's Cushing's chats hosted by Cushings-help.com
can be viewed below:
March 12, 2012 chat
On BTR: On itunes:
April 2, 2012 chat
On BTR: On itunes:
Diabetes Association This site has a large
amount of information on Diabetes, including basic information
on diabetes, recipes, diabetes care, news, a virtual grocery
store, books and more.
Thyroid Foundation This site contains
information for patients and doctors on thyroid disease, including
research information and a newsletter.
- Thyroid Patient Advocacy UK Based in the United Kingdom, it promotes awareness of thyroid issues. The site contains a discussion forum and topics such as; hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer and other conditions.
Fatigue Syndrome News This
site has recent news on chronic fatigue, a newsletter, discussion
groups and numerous links to other sites on chronic fatigue syndrome.
Centers for Disease Control
CDC offers information on chronic fatigue syndrome, diagnosis,
possible causes, demographic information. There is also information
about treatment for CFS, how to select a support group, publications
HORMONES, DIET, AND NUTRITION
Information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture on "lifecycle
issues", dietary guidelines and supplements. You can also
find information on "health management", research and
- Thermotabs® a buffered salt supplement helpful for Addison's patients and aldosterone deficient patients. Talk to your doctor before starting this supplement. Alternative link at ImmuneSupport.
- IronSorb by Jarrows formula 18 mg, 60/bottle, gentle on the stomach iron supplement, HerbsPro
Alternative link at The Vitamin Lady
- Vitamin D3-Cholecalciferol-50,000iu in 12 capsule units at Bio-Tech-Pharm .
- American Heart Association Information on "heart healthy"
eating, a cookbook, and how to shop for healthy food. Also has
information on fitness and diets. Includes a list of the warning
signs for heart attack and stroke.
- What to Eat For What Ails You: How to Treat Illnesses by Changing the Food and Vitamins in Your Diet- A book by author Winnie Yu. It is available at Amazon.com
Hrayr Shahinian, M.D. of the Skull
Base Institute in Los Angeles is devoted exclusively to
the treatment of patients with brain and skull base disorders,
using fully endoscopic, minimally invasive techniques. They
also offer on-line consultations of pituitary MRIs.
- Edward Phillips M.D. Edward H. Phillips, MD, FACS, is Director of the Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery and Director of Endoscopic Surgery for the Department of Surgery at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles. Dr. Phillips performs minimally invasive laparoscopic adrenalectomies.
- Douglas L. Fraker, M.D. performs minimally invasive laparoscopic adrenalectomies at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Phone - 215-662-2050 University of Penn. site .
- Manfred Chiang, M.D. also performs minimally invasive laparoscopic adrenalectomies. He is located in Brookfield , WI. Phone 262-786-3722.
To view a complete list of U.S. and international physicians click here